Wednesday 24 July 2013

Caveat Emptor - Those pesky marketing guys are after your cash AGAIN!

Grrrr!  Marketing people need to be strung up by their curly bits!!

There I was on Tuesday just whiling away the gentle warmth of the afternoon when along comes the advert for "Eddie Stobart's Trucking Anthems".  They struggled with "The Perfect Gift For ..." bit because there doesn't seem to be any Hallmark moments around at the moment - July is a quiet time for the card manufacturers ... However, they could have used the 'end of school' thing and said "The Perfect Gift for Your Teacher" or something trite like that!

The track listing is EXACTLY the same as "Top Gear Anthems".  ZZ Top, Status Quo, Thin Lizzy et al.  Grrr!  PEOPLE - DON'T BE FOOLED.  LOOK AT YOUR iTUNES LIBRARY AND SEE THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE THESE SONGS MULTIPLE TIMES!!!!



Then, as I settled down with my small glass of port to enjoy The One Show's "Best of British" I find that the schedule had been hijacked by the birth of our new king (congrats to Kate and Will - please don't think I'm lining myself up for treason here, please sir!).

Every channel was doing the 'rolling' news thing stood outside doors saying things like "We don't know anything yet".  Sigh!  I'm paying a lot of money for this.  I resorted to putting UK GOLD on to watch the birth of Prince Harry (sic).

So now we all stand there with bated breath waiting for the tsunami of royal baby crap to roll onto the shelves of Shell garages everywhere.  I think they should reuse all of those collector's plates left over from the Royal Wedding two years ago.  At the end of the day, it's worked for Eddie Stobart/Top Gear (The StoGear Complex as it shall now be known).

After all, as my final point, we do have to recycle - but there has to be a fine line that MUST NOT be crossed.  I fear that this line is about to be kicked to death by the suits in offices all around Soho!  Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment